Sewer Line Repair & Replacement in Topeka
Your main sewer line performs a crucial, albeit dirty, job for your home or business. We have years of experience solving sewer line problems in Topeka and the surrounding area. We promise to work quickly and efficiently, with as minimal interference as possible.
Click here to see what our customers in Topeka and the surrounding area are saying about us.
A cracked sewer pipe can quickly become a costly repair. It can further cause collateral property damage or create serious health risks to you, your family or the public at large. The experienced sewer experts at Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning can immediately help you with cracked or broken sewer lines.
What Causes Sewer Line Damage?
Causes of sewer line damage are based on the type of sewer line you have, including:
- Cast iron pipes. This type of pipe can fall victim to a number of things, including pipe corrosion, rust and eventual breakdown.
- Fiber conduit pipes. Although this type of pipe rarely cracks, it can become distorted over time like wet cardboard.
- Clay pipes. Clay pipes can become brittle, eventually cracking in multiple areas if not properly maintained or installed.
Signs That You Have a Broken Sewer Pipe
Do you think that you have a broken sewer pipe at your home or business? Don’t wait to contact a sewer line technician to inspect your pipe. We’re able to quickly and efficiently tell you exactly what your sewer line problem is and effectively repair it to restore proper flow. Some common signs that you’re suffering from a broken sewer pipe include:
- Sewage backup in your toilet(s) or tub
- Water draining slowly from your bathtub
- Lack of water in your toilet(s)
- Odd noise coming from your toilet(s)
- Odd smell coming from your basement or yard
Common Reasons Why Sewer Pipes Crack and Burst
Sewer lines can crack and burst for a variety of reasons, including:
- Lack of preventative maintenance
- Buildup of hair, debris, grease & toilet paper
- Tree roots intruding into sewer pipe joints
- Regular cycle of ground freezes & thaws
- Poor layout, design or installation
- Wear and tear from aging
- Backup of public sewer line
Broken Sewer Line Repairs
Our experts can assess your sewer pipe cracks and damage and recommend the best repairs based on your property layout and sewer system. Depending on where you live and the condition and configuration of your pipes, traditional sewer line repair through excavation may be the best option.
Traditional sewer line repair involves an “open cut” method where we would dig a trench along the length of the pipe to gain access to the area surrounding the damaged portion of the pipe. We would typically use a backhoe to open and refill the work area.
Trenchless sewer line repairs are another option that can cause less damage than the traditional repair method and have less impact on the environment.
It’s also important to remember that maintenance services can help to prevent broken sewer pipes. Regular inspections and drain cleanings can help thwart the blockage of your pipes and avoid cracks, clogs, or bursts.
Sewer Line Replacement
If a sewer line repair isn’t possible, then call the experts at Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning for a sewer line replacement. We are Topeka’s #1 choice for sewer line replacement because of our years of experience and highest levels of customer satisfaction.
We will take the time needed to fully explain your replacement options and help you choose the best replacement solution for your sewer line that fits your budget and needs. Your options do include trenchless repair and replacement methods that are less invasive than traditional “trench” replacement.
Regardless of your sewer line repair or replacement needs, the highly trained, licensed plumbers at Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning can help.