Tankless Water Heating in Topeka
The Greatest Invention since Running Water
What are Tankless Water Heaters?
Tankless water heating systems are revolutionizing the way homeowners meet their hot water needs. These energy efficient systems can produce an endless supply of hot water. Traditional storage tank heaters keep water hot 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, constantly heating and re-heating stored water and wasting energy. They are also a collection point for hard water build up, which reduces their capacity and efficiency. A tankless system does not store hot water. It only heats the water when you use it. Saving energy that translates into dollar savings for you.
Discussions on tankless water heaters are heating up and word is that homeowners are finding that the technology has huge benefits, including:
- A longer life span than traditional tanks – The average shelf life of tankless unit is greater than 20 years, verses 10 years for a storage tank system. Additionally, when something goes wrong they can be rebuilt (like a furnace or other appliance), not just thrown in the landfill and replaced.
- Energy cost savings – Tankless units offer up to 94% efficiency, compared to an efficiency level of 70-80% in a traditional tank water heater.
Tankless water heaters heat water only as it’s used, or on demand and that saves money, since water heating accounts for 20% or more of an average energy bill.
How Do I Purchase a Tankless Water Heater?
Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning prides itself by offering our customers true professional grade tankless water heaters. We install A.O. Smith tankless water heaters which are only available through professional wholesale distribution centers. A.O. Smith tankless water heaters are not sold at retail stores since they are high-capacity performance water heaters. A.O. Smith insures that their units will be installed by a professional to ensure proper installation. This will also help protect your investment, since the warranty will be void if our units are not installed by a licensed plumbing contractor.
What’s Typically Involved in a Basic Tankless Installation?
- Removal of your old tank water heater
- Mounting of your new A.O. Smith tankless water heater
- Service and pressure relief valves
- Electric power outlet (req. for digital remote, PC board, freeze protection)
- 3/4″ gas line upgrade as necessary
- Hot and cold water pipe lines
- New flue pipe venting with PVC pipe due to higher efficiency
Note: Every installation is unique to a home. Your qualified installer will help determine what’s best for your application. Also, it’s a good idea to have your installer test your water hardness, since scale build-up will affect the heater’s performance and warranty. Please refer to our water quality section for details.
Options for a Tankless Water Heater Installation
- A pressure regulator to help maintain a safe, consistent, and desirable level of water pressure.
- A special add-on valve that gives you hot water “on demand”… from the moment you turn on the faucet or tap.
- A water softener to prevent build up and scale on your new tankless water heater.
Why are You Still Waiting?
The cost of a tankless system is a small price to pay for energy efficiency and a free flowing hot shower, not to mention a happier home life. So, don’t be a crank… throw out the tank and go tankless! We are the area’s experts in tankless water heating systems and can help you determine which tankless system is perfect for your needs. We’ll provide expert answers to your questions and help you determine which tankless system is perfect for your needs. You’ll get professional installation, service, and support from a company homeowners know and trust. As the area’s leading experts in tankless water heating systems, we can make it happen. Call us today and our professionals will show you all the benefits of tankless hot water heating systems.