Heater Maintenance & Tune-Ups in Topeka
Your heating system is responsible for one of the hardest jobs in your home or business: maintaining your comfort level throughout the entire cold Kansas winter. Therefore, it is always a good idea to hire a professional for heater maintenance, to check out your heating system, perform regular tune-ups and help you boost performance and efficiency of your current system.
Click here to see what our customers in Topeka and the surrounding area are saying about us.
Why Should You Maintain Your Heating System?
Your heating system collects particles like dust, pollen and dirt throughout the year. This can make your heater less efficient and could even cost you more money each month on your energy bills. In fact, we find that a high percentage of our no heat emergency service calls could have been avoided if the home or business owner had routinely performed tune-ups and maintenance on their system.
Routine heater maintenance can help increase the system’s lifespan, increase efficiency and will save you money on your utility bills. Without regular maintenance, you could even end up spending more than 4-5 times more on your utilities that the amount spent on purchasing the system. Manufacturers can also void their warranty should the unit not be properly maintained.
We recommend scheduling regular annual heater maintenance with Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning to keep your heating system running at its peak performance and efficiency.
What Does a Precision Heating Tune-Up Include?
When you hire the trusted heating experts at Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning, our heating technician will provide you with a precision tune-up of your heater with a high value and reasonable price. It’s like having your furnace or heating system returned to its original condition!
Gas or Electric Furnace Tune-Ups
- Camera inspection
- Test for carbon monoxide
- Test ignition
- Test exhaust system
- Calibrate thermostat (if applicable)
- Test furnace flame
- Clean or replace filter
- Measure and adjust gas pressure
- Clean exterior of unit
Gas Boiler Tune-Ups
- Perform general system inspection
- Inspect boiler circuits
- Check boiler pressure
- Check air elimination devices
- Check boiler controls and settings
- Check safety relief valve
- Perform combustion analysis
- Check gas pressure
- Check for gas leaks
- Check circulator pumps, zone valves & relays
Oil Furnace or Oil Boiler Tune-Ups
- Inspect flue piping
- Replace oil filter
- Replace pump strainer (if applicable)
- Replace oil nozzle
- Inspect and clean electrodes
- Clean combustion head
- Inspect oil lines and fittings
- Adjust burner
- Perform safety inspection on heat exchanger
- Perform combustion analysis
Heat Pump Tune-Ups
- Clean or replace air filter
- Oil motor
- Check belt for wear
- Inspect electrical components
- Clean evaporator coil and outdoor condensing coil
- Measure refrigerant
- Inspect ductwork and seal any leaks
- Test and recalibrate thermostat (if necessary)
Regardless of your heating system maintenance and tune-up needs, the highly trained, licensed heating technicians at Pat Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning can help.